Friday, May 01, 2009

Paving ... harder than it looks on TV!

Well yesterday was a very productive day. The weather was absolutely beautiful so it was time to give these pavers a go. After this experience, all I can say is tradies are a god send (if we could afford one!!). Laying the pavers was easy ... it's getting the bed of sand perfectly flat that is the impossible task. We decided that when it comes time to do the main patio area, we will definitely hire somebody qualified to do it.

So our path is almost done .. we didn't quite get finished yesterday so hopefully John can finish today or tomorrow.

It's not perfect .. but neither are we. And I figure that when the water feature is done and garden beds are planted, you won't notice how wonky the paving is (let's hope not anyway).

Pics below to tell the story of the day.


Oh Mr Hart - what a mess!!

This sucks - why can't I pay a little man to do this!!!



Well I've done that bit ... now what will I do!


It's dodgy ... but it's ours. The larger area on the left sits outside the formal lounge.
The paving will be surrounded by plants and will be a a seating area.



Looking from the water feature

My only backyard plant! Magnolia Kay Parris - 2 flowers soon to bloom.

2 comments:

Bernadette and Perry said...

Why get pay little man to do the paving when you have big man that will do it for free? Looks ok from here - I did something similar a couple of years back, and I'll agree with you that it's not as easy as it looks. Well done!

Toni said...

Looks great. Big job isn't it? I'd really like to get my Dad down to help us with around the pool but he's in Hospital at the moment with blood clots in his lungs after a flight home from the US so I don't think he'll be flying down to us anytime soon :-(

Agree though, once your garden beds are in and plants growing you won't notice if they are not straight. I think you and John have done a great job. Well done!