Tuesday, July 25, 2006
In true fashion I've got things around the wrong way! This entry should really be first seeing this was the day we signed for the block and got to stick the SOLD sticker on.
You can see just from these 2 photos (particularly the house that has gone up behind) the changes that are happening within the estate. We head down every few weeks and it's amazing to see how quickly the houses are popping up.
It's great getting ideas about the garden and seeing what people are doing (some great .. some not so great).
And for those looking at the pics .. yes there is a trend of 'rain' and 'mud' here (after all we are in Melbourne .. in the middle of winter). Fortunately we have not seen any indication of flooding which I guess is a good sign!!
Monday, July 24, 2006
And so we've done it! No going back now .... contracts have been signed, copious amounts of travelling to carpet, tiles, tapware (you name it), selections have been made and we now play the waiting game.
Take a step back with me as I bring you up to date on progress so far:
- block of land purchased
- house design finalised and internal fittings (very exciting) selected
- deposits made to various scavengers
- initial release of land - August 2006
- changes made to internal fittings (still very exciting)
- more paperwork signed
- release of land delayed - September 2006
- a few more minor changes made to internal fittings (don't say it ... i'm still excited)
- final paperwork signed
- release of land delayed - November 2006
Spoke to the land developer this morning and she informs us that the land may in fact be released by October so after the week we have had (the passing of John's dear mum Sandra) this has been welcome news.
We will be updating this whenever something happens .. or perhaps even when it doesn't happen so bookmark this site and we'll see you soon!!
John & Andy