Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Blink and you'll miss it



2:00pm ... having a moment of madness at work so I decided to hop in the car and go down to the house. According to Peter's schedule, the roof tiling was due to commence tomorrow so my plan was to check that the tiles had been delivered to site and check they were the right ones (that way we could stop any work and have the right ones delivered).

On a scale of 1 to 10 ... 10 being the highest 1 being the lowest .... my shock factor was 11 when I saw that our entire roof had been tiled!! The tradies were working on the guttering and bits and pieces and when I asked the young guy when it would be finished he said 'tomorrow morning'.

After the initial shock, my next shock was to inspect the tiles and was a little bit disheartened when I saw that the colour was not what I had expected. We had chosen 'chocolate brown' roof tiles, and the tiles in the sun appear to be a reddy/brown colour. They look great, but not what I had expected. I have put a call into the builder to find out if in fact they are the correct ones. I'm thinking that perhaps when you have one tile you don't really get a good feel for what it's going to look like.

Anyway ... even if they are wrong I'm not too fussed because I think they look good.

Mood - really excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

great to see the progress guys, starting with PD in may, so its very interesting seeing one go up from scratch.