Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wow it's started

We have some movement in the backyard!!!!

Dad came over last weekend and started to put up the retaining walls for the paved area. The land drops away a fair bit (which we knew) but it's a bit higher than I anticipated so I have to rethink the other bits around the paving now.

I've started to plan out what we need to do and I think it's going to look fantastic. I'm keen to get the paving done because then I can finish the front yard!! Why are they even connected you ask? Well we need to deliver stuff out the front and then barrow it around to the back. I don't want to do a nice front lawn with trees and plants and then be running over it with the barrow every 10 minutes.

Question for you men out there ........ something I found quite perplexing yesterday.

As you know, John sails every weekend. While he's been in Brisbane he hasn't been able to get out and sail as much as he would have liked to. As you know by his previous post, he spent 3 days at Geelong sailing on the Australia Day weekend so this week he said to me that he wouldn't be sailing on Saturday so that he could spend the weekend with me.

Noble .. lovely .... quite sweet.

Yesterday I then said to him that he could go sailing if he really wanted to as I had to go to the hairdresser and could use the opportunity to do some other stuff that he is not interested in and then we would go out for a nice dinner Saturday night.

Lovely??? Apparently not.

I get an email from him saying that his mates at work wanted to know what I'm softening him up for to allow him to go sailing ......

What is with you men???? If we are naggy bitches that tell you you can't do something, you complain. When we happily say 'please go out and do something' you complain.

And you reckon we're high maintenance :-)

1 comment:

Bernadette and Perry said...

Ha Ha Ha. Don't take it personally. From a very young age we are conditioned to believe that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Naturally, if you tell J to go sailing, even after he's said he won't, there's suspicion. Don't dissapoint - make him go shopping for clothes with you next week, using his credit card.

PS: We are selling the bikes....