Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Gorgeous trees

On Sunday I dragged Sarah to the Cranbourne Botanic Gardens. Not sure how Royal they are but that word is thrown in there as well. As a typical 10 year old this was a very lame thing for her mother to make her do and of course I heard all about it for a while ... until she got there and she had a great time!!!
Anyway .. I digress ..... if you are a fan of Aussie natives, then this is the place for you. It's a lovely way to spend an hour or two of your day just walking around the gardens. I came across a few plants that I would like to put in my garden .... this silver plant one of them. The photo actually doesn't do it justice and planted on mass, it looks simply stunning.



The other highlight in the garden are the grass trees. These are just awesome looking trees and I wish we had a place for one!! Some of them are 400 years old. Amazing.




No comments: